Colorful vignettes painted softly with inspiration in hope of recovery blending light humor into adult life confounded by misdiagnosed ADD leading to child abuse drenched under cloudbursts of PTSD.

Complex PTSD is psychological injury resulting from continual abuse. There’s no escape because the abuser is often a parent.
Abusers may have Sadistic Personality Disorder. The hallmark of SPD is that the person enjoys inflicting cruelty upon others.

ii: Dying From Life, Living In Death


When you're eleven years old
waiting for sleep each night to bring
an end to one more day, reposed as a
corpse at a wake in a funeral home where
grieving family and saddened classmates bring
empty goodbyes while whispering regrets,
never while living would even one try;
this is as good as it ever can get
and the norm becomes
meaningless as the
blissful void of
dream...



Prayers  Prayers
I too am dead

I have a coffin
for a bed

I have a pillow
beneath my head
I lie in sick
and woeful dread

And now my hearse
will mount the hill

I have no power
nor a will


The birds are gone
the trees are still


For I am gone
the sun won’t shine

I cannot talk
I am declined

It’s late

And all loved things are gone
I wait in darkness all alone


Until I turn to dust and bone
How quiet it has grown...

This was the first poem I ever wrote.
I filled a small notebook with similar writings.
Death and dying have populated my thoughts since
I can remember and I have never thought twice about it.



And every night,
at the part where she
sobbed uncontrollably over
having treated me so terribly,
I got the only consolation I could...






No comments:

Post a Comment